Who are we?
Hope Debt Advice Service is run by a group of Christians from various local churches who have a desire to help and support their local community. The group is affiliated to Community Money Advice (CMA) and authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The volunteers have all undergone training through CMA, and several have experience in this field prior to offering their services.
The aim is to provide free, confidential, unconditional and impartial debt and budgeting advice.
- We provide different levels of service
- General money management
- Help with working out a budget
- Prioritising debt
- Producing a financial statement and a realistic budget
- Negotiating with creditors to agree to the budget and to stop interest and charges
- We will help to arrange and agree with creditors, payments that you can afford
- Helping to check welfare benefits and tax credits
Sometimes bankruptcy may be the best way forward. If so we can give practical advice but we will look at possible alternative options.
Debt Advice: Tuesday & Wednesday 10-1pm by prior appointment
Benefits & Tax Credits Advice: Drop in 10-1pm each morning including help applying for benefits
Telephone: 01225 920748 (10-1pm)
Freephone: 0800 8402298